Who Needs Deliverance?(II)
Dr D.K. Olukoya
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 2 Kings 10-12; John 1:29-51
FIRE SCRIPTURE: Romans 8:31-37
MEMORY VERSE: “And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.” – Revelation 12:11
We have seen how evil flow from parents into a life. Now let us look at the life of the individual to see where the doors of life can open to the devil. Since life starts from the womb, whatever happens from babyhood affects the life of the individual. So who needs deliverance?
A person who was starved when his or her mother was pregnant because of poverty, or ate the food from herbalists. A person whose delivery was in a native doctor’s house or somebody was chanting incantations to bring the person to this world. If you were dedicated or covenanted to an idol before you were born or your 8th day.
If, as a child, you were abused physically, psychologically or spiritually. If you were sexually abused or exposed to pornography or sexual perversion or intercourse in any form as a child. If you were always sick as a child, or has imaginary playmates that only you could see.
If you witnessed a fatal accident, or murder or war. If you ran away from house as child, or had perpetual bad dreams or was a chronic liar or thief. If you were stubbornly disobedient or rebellious as a child.
In adulthood, do you have a deep unexplainable sadness within you? If you are into drugs, alcohol or are drawn to bad friends, you need deliverance. If you are involved in masturbation or any form of sexual perversion, including sex with animals, you need deliverance. If you are lazy or cannot get or keep a job, you need deliverance.
If you are a perfectionist or are dirty and filthy, not caring about your appearance, you need deliverance. If you have had an abortion or miscarriages or are barren, you need deliverance. If you are always being disappointed in love affairs, you need deliverance. If you have had your head washed in a running river or slept or had sex in the cemetery, you need deliverance.
If you have eaten concoctions prepared by herbalists, you need deliverance. If you have ever carried a sacrifice to a cross road or been involved in any satanic cult or gang or had your star read by stargazers, you need deliverance. If you have killed a person, even accidentally, you need deliverance.
As a Christian, have you ever felt like cursing God? Do you find it hard to read your Bible or pray alone? Are you afraid of death? If your answers to these questions are in the affirmative, then you need deliverance.
Beloved, this is just a glimpse into the numerous ways the devil can cleverly create open doors to demons to enter into our lives and alienate us from God. Let us be grateful for the ministry of reconciliation that the Lord Jesus Christ came to initiate on earth.
JESUS SAYS, IN THE WORLD YOU WILL HAVE TRIBULATION, BUT YOU SHOULD NOT BE TROUBLED BECAUSE HE HAS OVERCOME THE DEVIL.
Receive the anointing of an overcomer.
- My Lord and my Saviour, thank You for the shame and suffering that You endured so that I can fulfil my destiny, in the name of Jesus.
- I plead the blood of Jesus over my body, soul and spirit, in the name of Jesus.
- Lord Jesus, walk back all the way to when I was in my mother’s womb and uproot every plantation of the devil in my life, in the name of Jesus.
- Merciful God, I thank You for the salvation of my soul, in the name of Jesus.
- Holy and Merciful God, I confess all my sins (name them) and whatever will alienate me from You. I repent and plead for cleansing, in the name of Jesus.
- The Lord, empower me to work out my salvation with fear and trembling, in the name of Jesus.
- I claim all my possessions in Christ, by the power in the blood of Jesus, in the name of Jesus.