He Is The God Of All Comfort
Dr D.K. Olukoya
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 2 Samuel 14-15; Luke 17:1-19
FIRE SCRIPTURE: 2 Corinthians 1:3-5
MEMORY VERSE: “I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.” – John 14:18
The God, whom we serve, is the All in All, all sufficient One, our providential care who is able to supply all our needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:19).
In Psalm 24:1 and 2, the Bible clearly defines all these functions of the LORD, it says, the earth is the LORD’s and the fullness thereof, the world and they that dwell therein. For He has founded it upon the seas, and established it upon the floods.
The God whom you serve is the rightful owner of all things. And once you belong to Him, He satisfies you in all aspects of life –in health and financial life and indeed all comfortless.
He owns the gold and the silver and not just that, but ALL things in heaven and on earth. He has promised those who are His (The Godly) that: “Even though the young lions do lack and suffer hunger but the people that seek God shall not lack any good thing” (Psalm 34:10).
Jesus said in our Memory Verse, that He will never leave you comfortless, He said ‘I will come to you’. At the same time, in James 4:8, He said, ‘draw nearer to me and I will draw nearer to you’. This implies that, what qualifies you to enjoy all these goodies and to be in His comfort, is for you to get closer to Him, more and more! How ready are you to do this? The earlier the better.
LET I PRAY YOU, YOUR MERCIFUL KINDNESS BE FOR MY COMFORT ACCORDING TO YOUR WORD UNTO YOUR SERVANT (Psalm 119:78).
I see you being comforted on all side according to the word of the Lord.
- O God of comfort, visit me today, in the name of Jesus.
- Lord Jesus, I cleave to you today for all round fulfilment.
- My Saviour and my Comforter, take away all my afflictions today, in the name of Jesus.
- You my afflicted soul, receive healing now, by the power in the blood of Jesus.
- I declare today, that I am comforted on all sides.
- I receive total deliverance from every demon of sorrow and discomfort, in the name of Jesus.
- My Father, show me mercy and deliver me completely, in the name of Jesus.