The Spirit Life (V)
Dr D.K. Olukoya
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1 Chronicles 22-24; John 8:28-59
FIRE SCRIPTURE: Romans 8:15-17
MEMORY VERSE: “But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name.” – John 1:12
One of the most basic and unique elements of the Christian faith is the biblical concept of the fatherhood of God. He is uniquely the Father of all those whom He has called and redeemed. They only can embrace the privilege of calling Him Father.
God loves us with all everlasting love. The Holy Spirit tells you that you are a child of God once you become a newborn believer. He does this through the word of God. As Christians, we rely on the Bible (word of God) and the Spirit of God confirms the truth by making us see God as our Father and see ourselves as His children.
When you believe in Christ, you become a child of God. He becomes your Father by relationship. The Bible in John 1:12 teaches that those that believe in Him and would do what He said, would be made God’s children. A family bond is established and cannot be broken. A father is always a father.
Jesus taught His disciples to pray beginning with ‘Our Father in heaven’ (Matthew 6:9). This is communication with you as a believer. God loves us with a deep, perfect continual love that is everlasting.
You also share in the inheritance of the Father (Romans 8:15-17). We have been adopted into God’s family and become joint-heirs with Christ. Besides, Fathers discipline their children –God disciplines us. Hebrew 12:9-12 says that we may share in His Holiness as His children and act of love.
Up to this point, you can confirm that as a child of God you are not under condemnation, you are not in bondage of the flesh, you are spiritually alive in Christ. You are adopted into His family and will be glorified together with Him.
WE ARE BORN NOT OF THE BLOOD NOR OF THE FLESH, NOR OF THE WILL OF MAN BUT OF GOD.
You are a heir in the kingdom of God, Hallelujah.
- Lord Jesus, never let me try to limit You to my capacity, in the name of Jesus.
- Lord Jesus, work freely in me and through me, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, purify the channels of my life, in the name of Jesus.
- Let Your will, O Lord consume my will, in the name of Jesus.
- Let the flame of the Holy Spirit blaze upon the altar of my heart, in the name of Jesus.
- Lord Jesus, come like blood into my veins, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, order my spirit and fashion my life in Your will, in the name of Jesus.