What Do You Have In Your Hand?
Dr D.K. Olukoya
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1 Kings 16-18; Luke 22:47-71
FIRE SCRIPTURE: 2 Samuel 11:8-17
MEMORY VERSE: “And the LORD said unto him, What is that in thine hand? And he said, A rod.” – Exodus 4:2
Good asked Moses what is that you have in your hand? Uriah, an obedient and loyal citizen had in his hands the letter containing detailed instructions of how he was to be eliminated by the same king to whom he was so loyal. In ignorance, he delivered it to those who wasted him. On the contrary, Moses had in his hands, a rod which became God’s instrument for multiple miracles which He used in swallowing the wickedness of the enemies of God’s people and bringing them to their knees.
Are your hands holding the staff of your ministry, or your physical and spiritual death warrant? That glass of alcohol; that pen you are using to commit fraud and destroy other people’s career with impunity; that instrument of your trade that you are using to fabricate fake goods; that steering wheel of the vehicle you are driving when you know you are drunk; that contraband good you are smuggling; the illegal or fake drugs you are selling or couriering; the Bible that you are using to preach after committing sexual immorality or fraud; that scalpel that you as a doctor are using to perform abortions. The list is inexhaustible of what can become the instrument of your physical death or evidence for your condemnation to eternal damnation.
On the contrary, your hands can become the means by which God can use you for His glory wherever you find yourself: in your place of work, at your school, home or extended family house or village, the marketplace, the streets under the bridge where drug addicts live, in the prison or hospital, your church etc.
It is important that you carefully examine your hands, your motives and the motives of those around you; and be in contact with heaven. Like in the case of Uriah, ignorance is very dangerous. Only the Spirit of God can tell you the difference. When you read, study and meditate on the word of God and listen to sermons from anointed men of God. When you pray without ceasing. When you live an uncompromising obedient life, then your spirit will be sharpened to discern the good from the evil.
Beloved, whether you find yourself at the top or at the bottom of the ladder of life, whether satisfied or dissatisfied with life, in whatever location in the four corners of the earth, I beseech you, submit your hands, your heart, your whole being for God’s use. Trust only God. Never put your trust in man; the heart of man is desperately wicked. I pray for you that the enemy will not outwit you because of your ignorance, in Jesus’ name.
THE PERSON GOD EQUIPS, EMPOWERS AND ENABLES CAN NEVER FAIL.
The God who promoted Moses shall promote you beyond your wildest imagination.
- Father God, I confess my sins and repent of anything that will make me a sitting target for destruction from the camp of the enemy, in the name of Jesus.
- O God my Father, damage beyond repairs, my ignorance of spiritual things, in the name of Jesus.
- My hands, catch the fire of the Holy Ghost and consume every instrument of the devil you are holding, in the name of Jesus.
- You clever enemy scheming against my life, hear the word of God, die, in the name of Jesus.
- You son of wickedness terrorising my life with affliction, receive the thunder fire of God, in the name of Jesus.
- Almighty God, I surrender all to You. Use me for Your glory, in the name of Jesus.
- O God my Father, enfold me in Your garment of fire, in the name of Jesus.