Living at Your Best; Seeing the Best of Life
Dr Paul Enenche
The best of man comes out in the Presence of God.
SCRIPTURE: But Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the portion of the king’s meat, nor with the wine which he drank: therefore he requested of the prince of the eunuchs that he might not defile himself. Daniel 1:8-9
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: The best of man comes out in the Presence of God.
Daniel was a young man of the tribe of Judah who was taken to Babylon in captivity along with others (Daniel 1:1-8). It was meant to be a hopeless situation, but Daniel’s access to the Presence of God set him on the pedestal for relevance, excellence and greatness in life. Daniel distinguished himself by purposing in his heart not to partake in or defile himself with the king’s food. Daniel became a man of excellence (Daniel 5:12). He was the first vice-president of the Babylonian Empire, the highest Jew in that realm – he lived at his best (Daniel 6:1-4).
Now, from the life of Daniel, what does it mean to live at your best?
- You are at your best when you are beyond stain. The quality of a man’s life is reduced by iniquity. Whatever defiles your conscience denies your destiny.
- You are at your best when you live beyond your past; when you do not allow your history to become your misery.
- You are at your best when you live each day as if it is the last. Wake up with a determination not to waste any day; approach each day as if it was the last.
- You are at your best when you live in God’s Presence. The best of man comes out in the Presence of God. You live in God’s Presence by reading, studying and meditating on the Word, worshipping God and living a life of prayer.
Beloved, I counsel you to make the choice to live at your best in everything you do so you can see the best of life.
REMEMBER THIS: The best of man comes out in the Presence of God.
- Do not let any day pass without praying, reading and studying the Word.
- Ask for the grace of God to stand upright and be free from guilt daily.
- Deploy your best in everything you do.
PRAYER: O LORD, I look up to You for the grace to live at my best. I refuse to be hindered by sin or iniquity, Lord in Jesus’ Name.
FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE: LIVING AT YOUR BEST
QUOTE: Maintain integrity, be known for uprightness and do the right thing all the time. Culled from CAREER AND WORKPLACE WISDOM by Dr Paul Enenche
DAILY READING: 1 Samuel 12:1 to 13:23, John 7:1 to 30, Psalm 108:1 to 13, Proverbs 15:4
AMAZING FACT: Venus is the hottest planet in the solar system and has an average surface temperature of around 450° C.
PROPHETIC DECLARATION/WORD: Receive the grace to live at your best from today henceforth, in Jesus’ Name.